Friday, May 7, 2010

5K in a month!

Yes, that's right. I've decided to do my first 5K. I realize it's not an easy task but I'm ready to start my love to run. Have I ever loved to run? No. But, knowing that I'm running for a cause that I feel strong about will really give me the will power to do it.

I'm going to try the couch to 5k program to get me started. I know that the 5K I want to do is only in a month so I might end up walking for some of that run but that isn't going to stop me from doing my first one.

I feel really good about this and I'm getting really excited. Here's the link to my first race http://www.theprrun.com/ It looks like a beautiful course! And the proceeds are going towards domestic violence causes.

I'll keep everyone updated on my couch to 5K training :)

1 comment:

Annette said...

Good for you! Best wishes! :)