Monday, May 10, 2010

Becoming a stronger Christian

There are many goals that I have. One of them is becoming a stronger Christian. I pay very close attention at Church, well 90% of them time, and I take notes to go back through and read. Yesterdays sermon was about restoration and how the woman was the first to sin but was the first to be restored. We can all be restored.

One thing I struggle with is the line between doing what's right and what's wrong. I am planning on joining bible study once I return from our vacation. Let's take gossiping for example. It's a sin to gossip but so many people do it. What is really defined as gossip? I know that if you're in company of a sinner you can't judge them for what they are doing. I don't want to judge anyone and I want to be able to say that I don't gossip. Is gossip telling a friend that her husband is lying to her? Is gossip asking a friend about a situation they were in? I'm confused on what God means by gossip. Is it just talking about rumors or what you've heard about so-in-so?

As you can tell I'm still learning. And this is one of the things that I feel strongly about. I want to fully understand what it means to be a Christian. Not just say, "I'm a Christian." I want to live like a Christian. So, you'll be hearing about how my first bible study goes soon enough :)

1 comment:

Annette said...

Des,
I think that's a real good question. It is really hard not to fall into gossip sessions. To me, I guess gossip is spreading rumors that may or may not be true or telling about so-in-so as you said. If you know a fact that someone should know or you're trying to help someone by sharing something, I don't believe it's gossip. But, that's my take on it. I look forward to hearing about your bible study. Wish I could find a good one to join!